Burglary Attorneys in Dallas
Let Our Criminal Defense Team Protect Your Future
Burglary convictions in Texas can pack some pretty severe penalties, including steep fines and jail time, so it is crucial to hire an experienced attorney to represent your case. At DebnamRust PC in Dallas, our criminal defense team will fight to protect you against these charges. We will listen to the details of your case and create the most effective strategies on your behalf, giving you the best possible chance of dismissing or reducing these charges.
Reach out to our law firm today at (214) 758-8681 to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys to get started!
How is Burglary Defined in Texas?
Burglary, theft, and robbery are often confused with one another. However, burglary is more closely connected to criminal trespassing.
In Texas, a burglary occurs when the defendant does one of the below acts without the owner’s consent:
- Enters a building, dwelling, or part of a building that is not open to the public with the intent to commit any felony-level offense.
- Enters a building, dwelling, or part of a building not open to the public and engages in any felony-level offense.
- Remains concealed with the intent to commit any felony-level offense.
Penalties and Sentencing for Burglary
The penalties you may face for a burglary conviction will vary depending on the details and severity of your case.
Below is a list of penalties you may face if convicted:
- State jail felony: A burglary committed in a building that was not a dwelling may result in a sentence that includes 6 months to a year in state jail. You may also pay up to $10,000 in fines.
- Second-degree felony: If the burglary was committed in a habitation, this may result in a sentence that includes 2 to 20 years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
- First-degree felony: If the burglary was committed in a dwelling and the defendant entered with an intent to commit any felony besides felony theft, it may result in a sentence that includes 5 years to life in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.
Speak to One of Our Skilled Criminal Defense Attorneys About Your Burglary Case Today!
If you were charged with burglary, the criminal defense team at DebnamRust PC in Dallas will provide the strategies you need to get through this stressful and overwhelming incident. We understand what is at stake and the severity of these charges, so you can rely on us to work tirelessly on your behalf to obtain the best outcome for your case.
Reach out to our law office today at (214) 758-8681 to schedule a consultation with a skilled member of our legal team to start building your defense.